The mineret that takes you home

About Membership Volunteer Newsletters Souk Links


Fulbright awards for Americans to teach or do research in Morocco,
and for Moroccans to do the same in the US

For Americans, there are awards both for university professors and researchers and for graduate students, in a variety of fields covering anything taught or studied in a US institution. One of the major requirements is a good, sometimes fluent, knowledge of Arabic or French--needed for anyone wanting to teach at the university level in many subjects and certainly for anyone wanting to do research.

FOM members should check out the web site for university teaching/post-doctoral research opportunities. These are also available to practicing professionals who have teaching experience. Click for Morocco-specific information.  Or call or write Gary L. Garrison about these awards.

Gary L. Garrison (RPCV, Tunisia 66-69)
Assistant Director, Asia/Middle East
Council for International Exchange of Scholars
tel: 202-686-4019
fax: 202-362-3442

The web site has information about graduate student awards for research or study in Morocco; also available to person who are not currently at a university.  Especially useful is the Country Fact Sheet for U.S. Fulbright Grantees

Detailed information, in French, on Moroccan institutions of higher education may be found at

Information on the Fulbright Commission in Morocco is available at  The Moroccan-American Commission for Educational and Cultural Exchange (MACECE) is a legal entity established in 1982 by agreement between the two governments of the Kingdom of Morocco and the United States of America. The Commission administers a wide range of research, study and teaching grants chiefly within the context of the worldwide Fulbright Educational Exchange Program.

Return to Friends of Morocco Home Page

About Membership Volunteer Newsletters Souk Links